A blog about all things that are wonderful about and to the Earth.
Because being eco-friendly is easier than making the zombie virus.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Photo Dump Friday!

This may become a new thing or it may not, but I'll label it as a thing.

Even though it doesn't really feel like spring time here in Wisconsin, it's sure has been busy. Why, only yesterday I ate a midge!! Midges are those bugs that look like mosquitoes but aren't and fly in those black clouds. 

I've been doing a lot of thinking and I've been taking a bunch of pictures here and there, but I think that when I get too busy and have too much to talk about for just one post I'll just dump it and let you do some research!

 Male turkeys at SANC just love to fluff up their feathers for the ladies (and not to mention a lot of noise!)
 Sally our Eastern Tiger Salamander roaming about in a pool.
 Jeter the cat is so so curious about the 10 new Silver laced Wyandotte and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. They're all named after Disney Princesses too!
 This Eastern Towhee munching on seeds at SANC. You can even see his red eye!!
Some beautiful hyacinths at my parent's house. One of the three different plants that are blooming right about now because of the weather.

Then there was news that biodegradable plastic could be made by shrimp shells. Cool as that may be, why don't we bring that to the next level and potentially use the Zebra and Quagga mussel shells? We could harvest those invasive species and then turn it into something useful! Two birds with one stone I say!!

That's about all of the extra stuff that's been rattling in my brain. The rest is filled with remembering the lessons I need to teach (which has been SO much fun!!) and figuring out what I'm going to do with my garden!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Eastern Towhee. And that cat looks super curious - and hungry LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeter is such a rascal. My brother's other cat, Max, was checking them out too but I didn't get a good photo of that.

      Now the chickies are up north at my parent's place so they are safe from these hungry felines!

      Delete

Dandelion thought process.